Fig. 1. Large standing press. A A , the jaws . B , the screws. C , Platen acting as a nut. D, stationary platen to press against E, the moving platen. F, the books in press between boards. G, the small platen. H , the lever. 2. & 3. sides. A A , etc. the mortises. B B,the feet. C C, the rails. 4. screws. A , the screws. B, the head. CC , the hole. D, the turret. 5. small platen. A, the hole of the turret for the screws. 6. & 7. boards . 8. moveable platen. A A, the tenons of the guide. 9. lever of the press. 10. Platen acting as a nut. A A, the block. B , the hole of the nut. CC.the tenons. 11. platen acting as support. AA, the tenons.
12. hand press . AA, the jaws , B B , the screws. C C, the guides. D D , the books in press between boards.
13. back-shoe. A A, the nuts. BB, the hole for the guides.
14. front-shoe. A A, the hole of the screws. BB, the hole for the guides
15. & 16. small pressing boards.
17. & 18. guide rod of the hand press .
19.& 20. screws. AA , the screws. BB, the heads.